POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : [announce] JPatch 0.1 - open source patch modeller for POV-Ray : [announce] JPatch 0.1 - open source patch modeller for POV-Ray Server Time
4 Aug 2024 22:15:06 EDT (-0400)
  [announce] JPatch 0.1 - open source patch modeller for POV-Ray
From: Sascha Ledinsky
Date: 4 Feb 2003 09:32:17
Message: <3e3fcef1$1@news.povray.org>
I've uploaded a first version of JPatch - a bicubic patch modeller
similar to sPatch - to my homepage:

http://3dimensions.dhs.org/jpatch/

It's open source (GPL) and it's written in Java. I've tested it on Win2k
and RedHat 7.3 Linux machines.

There's still much to do, but this version supports sPatch import/export
and can output to .pov and .rib (renderman) format. With the currently
implemented features JPatch has virtually the same functionality as
sPatch has.

I plan to add hook and 5-point patch support (like Animation Master),
uv-mapping, morphing and skeleton animation in future versions.

-sascha